For reviewers (including bloggers), it is very important to let publishers know where you recommend books, how often you review, and the size of your audience.
Here are a few specific guidelines:
- Include your blog name (or the primary place you review books) in your Company field.
- Tell publishers what type of reviewer you are (Blogger, Consumer Reviewer, Book Trade Professional, or Traditional Reviewer).
- Include a photo or your blog logo.
- Keep your Bio informative, and succinct. In general, the Bio does not need to include personal information, think of it like a resume, or LinkedIn profile---the more professional, the better!
you post reviews on your website or blog, indicate which is the primary place you recommend books, and then add any other links where your reviews appear or are promoted (such as social media, websites, other blogs, etc.)
- Add the Categories that interest you the most - you'll receive special recommendations on your dashboard and via email based on your interests.
- Have you earned any badges? Add them to your blog/website so publishers can see them!
- Many publishers will only approve requests if they can view your email address, for future follow-ups.
- Indicate if you are a member of any Professional Associations. (Don't see yours listed? Let us know!)