If you are a librarian, or work in a library, here are a few tips for your Profile:
- The name of your library in the Company field.
- Your Library type (Academic, Public, Primary or elementary school, Secondary school/high school, or Special).
- In your bio, include your role at the library and your responsibilities.
- Your library or library system website.
- If you also post reviews on a website or blog, make sure to provide the link in your Profile, too. And if you talk about books via social media (Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, etc.), include that information.
- Add the Categories that interest you the most - you'll receive special recommendations on your dashboard and via email based on your interests.
- Professional Associations you are a member of, such as CILIP (UK). (Don't see yours listed? Let us know!)
- Your professional email address, not a personal email.
- As of August 14th, 2017, all reviews are visible to members. Edit your Display Preferences in Additional Information.
- By default, public reviews on the NetGalley site will be displayed with your profile photo, first name, last initial, and member type. If you prefer, you can replace your name with an auto-generated alias displayed next to your reviews instead.
If you are an Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) member, please add your ALIA member number.
If you have a valid number, we'll add a special designation to your member account, which publishers will see when you request their titles.