If you're an educator, here are a few tips for your Profile:
- Indicate the primary population of your school or organization (primary/elementary, middle/high/secondary, college/university, homeschooling, professional/adults).
- Add your school name to the Company field.
- Indicate if you are a member of a professional organization, such as a state or regional teacher's association.
- Add the name and location of your school/institution to your Bio.
- Include information about how you use titles from NetGalley in your classroom.
- Add your school's website to the Links section.
- If you also post reviews on a website or blog, make sure to provide the link in your Profile, too. And if you talk about books via social media (Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, etc.), include that information.
- Add the Categories that interest you the most - you'll receive special recommendations on your dashboard and via email based on your interests.
- Add your school/professional email address, not a personal email.
- As of August 14th, 2017, all reviews are visible to members. Edit your Display Preferences in Additional Information.
- By default, public reviews on the NetGalley site will be displayed with your profile photo, first name, last initial, and member type. If you prefer, you can replace your name with an auto-generated alias displayed next to your reviews instead.