We highly recommend that you include the following information in your Profile:
- Your type of bookstore (Bookstore chain, Distributor, Independent bookstore, Online retail, or Retail).
- The name and location of your store.
- Your store's website URL in the "Where do you talk about books?" section.
- If you also post reviews on your website, blog or in social media, make sure to provide those links in your Profile, too.
- In your Bio, include your role at the store (buyer, clerk, owner), your responsibilities and/or special programs that you organize and how you help to recommend books.
- Add the Categories that interest you the most - you'll receive special recommendations on your dashboard and via email based on your interests.
- Please indicate if you are a member of any professional associations; for example, if your store is a member of the American Booksellers Association (US), The Booksellers Association (UK & Ireland), or the Australian Booksellers Association. (Don't see yours listed? Let us know!)
If you are a member of the American Booksellers Association (US), Booksellers Association (UK & Ireland*), or the Association for Christian Retail, CBA (Global), you can add your member number to your NetGalley Profile. The ABA/BA/CBA logo will appear next to your name for publishers to see when you request their titles. To add your number:
- Sign in to NetGalley and click the arrow beside your avatar (or the silhouette) in the menu at the top of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select "Profile"
- Go to the Basic Information tab, and click Edit
- In the "Enter ABA/BA/CBA Number" field, enter your number and then click "Done"