Publishers and authors share digital galleys with booksellers, who are instrumental in promoting and selling their books through in-store hand-selling, online recommendations, and events. Here are some ways that booksellers can provide meaningful Feedback:
Share your opinion of the book with the publisher:
- Would you recommend this book? Give it a quick rating from 1 to 5 stars.
- Are you likely to handsell this title?
- Would you suggest your store purchase this title?
- Would you be interested in this author visiting your store?
- Would you recommend this title for the Indie Next List? (US and CA only)
- Thoughts for the publisher: Use this section to submit a private note to the publisher. This can
include any actions that resulted from accessing the title, such as such
as "I have ordered 10 copies of this for my bookstore," "I am planning
an author event," or "This title is this month's staff favorite." Even
if just to say that you enjoyed the book and will be hand-selling or
recommending it to patrons and/or colleagues.
- Notify the publisher of your full review, especially if you share reviews for titles on your website, store blog, or if it was a staff pick that included a review of the title.
- Be sure to include all links if the review appears online (you can add multiple links by clicking the "Add links" icon).
PLUS! Indie booksellers (in the US) can nominate titles for the Indie Next List through NetGalley, as part of the Feedback they can provide for a title.