Your Kindle email address is different than your regular email address. When you buy a Kindle device or download a Kindle app, Amazon assigns a Kindle email to you, as shown in your Amazon account.
- In your Amazon account, go to MANAGE YOUR CONTENT AND DEVICES.
- Click ‘Settings’, which is the third tab to the
- Scroll down to “Personal Document Settings.” You’ll see an email address
under your ‘Send-To-Kindle E-Mail Settings’
(it will be something like firstname.lastname@example.org). You’ll need this for your
In that same Personal Documents Settings section scroll down a bit to find the “Approved Personal Document Email List." Click "Add a new approved e-mail address," enter email@example.com and click Add Address. Please make sure you add firstname.lastname@example.org and NOT email@example.com - note that there is no R.
3. Make sure that your Kindle email address is saved in your NetGalley account.
Sign into NetGalley.com, and click on Profile in the drop-down menu in the main
menu bar at the top of the screen.
- In the Reading Preferences section, click Edit.
- Under Get Ready to
Read, enter your @kindle.com address in the Kindle Email field. Click Save.
In your NetGalley account, go to your Shelf section to see a list of all titles you’ve been approved to access. Click on a title to view the available reading options for that title in the center of the page. If you see the Send to Kindle button, just press it once and the book should appear in the Documents section of your device, app and Kindle library.
5. Check your Kindle App or Device
It can take anywhere from a couple of minutes to an hour for your file to arrive. Do make sure your device or app is connected to WiFi.
Please note: all NetGalley files come through as DOCS and not as BOOKS.
- If there is no Send to Kindle button available for the title click here.
- NetGalley titles are not compatible with Kindle for PC/Mac since it
does not support Personal Documents.
Have another device?
Check out our Device Guide for a list of supported devices and instructions for downloading your approved titles.